Thursday, June 4, 2009

Writing Drought

I'm all revved up to start writing again. Poetry, short stories, articles, you name it and I want to write it. I have been reading up on how to get published and how to be a better writer. Problem is...I have no topic. I have nothing to say. My muse just sits there.

I realize that this blog and this very entry contradicts the problem I stated. Still, I cannot make money selling this blog or my thoughts as an article or story.

I'm in a drought and just need a little rain to get things going again. I won't label this Writer's Block because that's too cliche. And serious sounding.

Funny. My analogy to a drought and rain is funny. I'm not a big fan of rain. Especially when it's cold. It's one thing to be cold but to be cold and wet is just plain miserable. We've been having more rain than I like lately. On the flip side, we are planning to move to Las Vegas next month....a place that hardly sees any rain. Perhaps I should have likened my situation to a desert and rain but then I would only be writing in short spurts that come only a few times a year.

I keep remembering the old adage, "This too shall pass." And the rain shall come and the words will flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment