Monday, October 22, 2012

Little Man, The Great Pumpkin and Me

It makes me so insanely happy when I can share something of my childhood with Christopher, especially when he enjoys it as much as I did/still do.

Tonight we watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" as we do every year just before Halloween. He loves to watch Snoopy fight the Red Baron. I love to watch him as much as I love to watch the show.

I'm a big fan of Charlie Brown and the Peanuts gang. I've watched their holiday specials every year without fail ever since I was a little lady. I know them by heart, yet I never tire of watching them.

After Chris was born I was excited to share my favorite comic strip pals with him. He loved them, too. Of course there was a period when he was about 4 when he watched The Great Pumpkin repeatedly. It was a long October. And November. Until December came and I persuaded him to watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas" instead. Still, I never minded. We might've driven Bill a little crazy but that's why we have more than one room in the house. And more than one TV.

 It isn't officially Fall or Halloween until I watch The Great Pumpkin. Linus was wrong. You really can discuss the Great Pumpkin with people.





No comments:

Post a Comment