Sunday, January 4, 2015

I believe I'll get there even if I'm not currently sure of the way I'm going

We are four days into the New Year and I haven't written anything here and for that I apologize. I've been trying to get my bearings.


A whole new year stretches in front of us and it's both exciting and scary. Makes me think of a brand new notebook that you buy with the intent of writing all sorts of things like stories, poems and lists. But when you open it you get kind of overwhelmed with how and where to start so you just begin doodling and day-dreaming and before you know it an hour has gone by and all you have to show is some stick figures and weird shapes. Please tell me I'm not the only one this happens to.

Anyway, that's how I've been feeling since we turned the calendar. I want to be better and do better this year. How best to begin? Should I do this? Or that? Or maybe try something else entirely. And of course when it all becomes a bit too much I grab a book or turn on the TV except there's been a lot of crap on TV lately which is a bummer.

I think my biggest problem is that I'm at Point A and I know I want to get to Point B, I just don't know quite how to get there. Maybe I should have made a resolution to get a better map.



X - you are here
|
|
 \
    \
       \
          \
             \
                \
                   \
                       \
                          \
                             \
                               ? 
                                     Do I keep going? Is this the right way?
                            /
                       /
                   /
               /
           /
       /
    /
 /
|

I have to believe that I will get to where I need to be. And I'm thinking that my word of the year should be: Believe. Or maybe it should be pizza?

No comments:

Post a Comment