Thursday, January 29, 2015

So much awesome packed in one box

Last month I received a Vox Box of goodies from Influenster. It was filled with all sorts of cool things like makeup and candy and it was like Christmas came early. (the fact that it was a week before the holiday is beside the point) This box featured a little something for every version of me: the makeup wearing fashionista; the cooking hausfrau; the sit home in sweats while watching a movie and snacking slacker; the tea drinker.






Fruit Vines Bites by Red Vines
These are straight up yum. You know how some candy pieces have that too sweet and artificial taste? No? Anyone? Bueller? Well, these don't have that. They're soft and chewy and actually taste just like the fruit. Cherry flavored candy, these people know the way to my heart. Any chance I could sample the snozzberry flavored ones next?


EcoTools Hair brush
I love the brush I have now so I was a bit hesitant at first but I have to say this hair brush is pretty darn smooth. In fact I feel like Snow White getting dressed by the forest animals and birds are brushing my hair when I use it. Okay, maybe not quite that dramatic but it doesn't snag my hair, especially when it's wet so I'll keep using it.


NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Sugar Plum
I'm a big fan of NYC so I was excited to get this. The color is pretty. Not too in-your-face but subtle. It goes on smooth and lasts for quite a long time. I thought I would spare everyone from a silly duck lips pic so here's my smirk instead.

Kissy kissy


I left my mark on a few cups, faces, and tissues.


Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
If you're like me and don't like oily residue or makeup that's hard to remove then this is the product for you. It's not harsh and doesn't sting and removes all your makeup gently and easily. Thanks Influenster for conveniently including this so I could cleanly remove all this cool new makeup.


Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner
When I was younger I used to wear eyeliner. Lately I started getting back into wearing eye makeup although my attempts at doing the smoky-eye look resemble more of a black eye but we won't talk about that. This eyeliner goes on smooth and looks quite nice if I do say so myself. I tried to take a selfie of my eyes with the eyeliner on but well, my co-ordination leaves a lot to be desired.



McCormick Gourmet Thyme
I grew up around the McCormick brand. My mom always keeps their seasonings on hand so I was happy to find this in my box. I love the smell of thyme. I add it to my meatloaf and meatballs and use it as part of the rub for my steaks and london broils. And now I have that Simon & Garfunkel song in my head....parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme...


No. 7 Protect & Perfect Advanced Serum
To help reduce those fine wrinkle lines brought on by the stress of being a super-woman. Or, maybe just to conceal the effects of Father Time marching across my face.


Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Tea
If green tea and a candy cane had a baby this would be it! All the benefits of green tea and the yumminess of peppermint. All that's missing is a roaring fire in the fireplace and snow falling outside. But I live in the desert so I'll have to settle for a hot cup of this tea and cozying up on my couch while watching a movie like The Holiday.


Disclosure: These products were received complimentary of Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment