Friday, July 3, 2015

He didn't do it to be cool but cool just comes naturally to him

I really like those commercials for the Lincoln MKC with Matthew McConaughey. Whoever came up with the idea to feature him in their car ads should get a raise and free cookies for life. Seriously.




Not only is he so damn handsome but he has an amazing voice. I mean I could listen to him read the phone book. If I knew nothing about this car (and if I hadn't just bought a newer one) I would go out and buy a Lincoln just because of these ads. If that's the marketing company's plan then I say, good one.

I think he makes a great spokesperson for just about anything and not just because he's super-cool. You know how some people are just born salesmen? Well Matthew McConaughey could sell anything with that voice. It mesmerizes.

Imagine a frozen tundra with snow and ice all around. He walks up to the natives and says in that laid-back, cool way, Alright, alright alright. I know you got a lot of snow around but I think you could use some more. And just like that they buy more snow. Because he said so.

Now if the Lincoln Motor Company could fix it so that McConaughey comes with the car, I would convince Bill that we need to buy an MKC.

2 comments:

  1. I loved him in The Lincoln Lawyer, which I am assuming might have given Lincoln the idea to use him.. :) His voice was one of the things that made True Detective so awesome, at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about them using him because of the Lincoln Lawyer movie. That voice...I wonder if he does audiobooks?

      Delete