Friday, April 19, 2013

If it wasn't for the last minute

In just one week, JDRF is having their annual Gala, which is a serious, big deal, fancy-schmancy fundraiser. Even though I'm "working" the event as a volunteer, I still have to get all dressed up in my Sunday best.

Currently I have half an outfit, which I'm on the fence about. I had my eye on, and finally bought, this cute, black, high-low sheer skirt. Yes, it fits fine. Yes, it looks good. Yes, I could be a little taller, however, I plan to wear heels.

Now, I need a top to go with and I'd like a comfortable pair of heels, preferably higher and more comfy than my current strappy, black sandals.

 My problem is....Is the skirt dressy enough? Should I just find a dress and return the skirt? Why did I wait until the last minute? Oh, I know the answer to that last question! It's because, I'm me and sometimes I like to add unnecessary stress to my life by waiting until the last minute.  I mean, how else will I get motivated to do certain things? 

Oh, and for those of you wondering, no, a leather jacket is not acceptable. Although a leather skirt might work but then I'm stuck with half an outfit again and still shopping.

I've never been one of those women who lives to shop for clothes. In fact, I've hated it in the past. Does this make me anti-woman? Crap! I hope I don't have to turn in my girl-card because Lord knows where the hell I've misplaced that thing! Anyway, I have since, gotten better and will actually buy something when I set out to go clothes-shopping these days. 

As for the Gala...I swear I will find something to wear this weekend. Something nice. And not ridiculously expensive either. Even if it kills me. In which case, bury me in the damn outfit so it wasn't a total waste.


No comments:

Post a Comment