Friday, July 12, 2013

5 things I love about Summer

Summer's here and the living is easy. I do love this time of year and for many reasons. So I decided to write down the top 5 things I love about Summer:

5. The deliciousness of it all.
Fruits, ice cream, and cold glasses of iced tea. It's all yummy goodness especially in the heat. And it's good for you! Bet you never thought I'd talk about healthy eating here. (Maybe the heat's getting to me.)

4. Longer days.
I remember being a kid and getting to play from morning till late evenings. I still love that it gets dark much later. I may not run around chasing fireflies or playing tag at night like I used to but I do enjoy sitting out on the patio, just chillin'.

3. Water fun.
Swimming pools and water parks. There's nothing better than sitting in a pool with blue skies above and the mountains all around. 

2. Easy does it.
People always seem to go at a slower and easier pace in the summertime. Maybe it's because of the heat but I like that there's no hurrying. (Unless I'm in the car and need to get somewhere and the car in front of me is going at a snail's pace. Then I become a road lunatic.)

1. Hot! Hot! Hot!
Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a fan of cold weather. That being said I do love living in Vegas where the weather is noticeably and preferably(to me) warmer. We do get our cold winter spells but they usually last only two months or so. Summer's here are hot and I looooove it!

Vegas summers usually last from late April to mid-October (which the natives call Groundhog Summer). I don't mind this at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment