Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Eve

Thanksgiving eve.

They say that the night before Thanksgiving is one of the biggest party nights of the year. Though I'm not quite sure who "they" are and who it is that put "them"  in charge of such a claim.

Years ago when I was single and then when Bill and I were dating I would go out to clubs or bars and have fun, kinda like ushering in the day of thanks. These days I'm more reserved. A certified home body. And I like it that way.

Tonight I'm sitting home comfortably watching Gone With the Wind on a continuous loop on AMC.  As a buffer during the sad scenes I switch over to other channels and watch what's playing for a bit.

It may not be a rip-roaring good time but it's good enough for me. My husband and son are playing video games in another room. I have all I need to make me happy. I am thankful.

I hope everyone who reads this has a wonderful, comfortable, blessed Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment