Thursday, May 8, 2014

When it comes to shoes, I'm no Carrie Bradshaw

Tomorrow evening I'll be volunteering at the JDRF-Las Vegas annual Hope Gala. This is a mega-huge fundraiser with lots of cool items up for auction and people in fancy schmancy outfits sipping champagne and eating foods that you see Emeril and Mario Batali whip up on the Food Network.

I already have the dress I'm wearing. However, I'm still hunting for hoping to find comfortable shoes to wear since I'll be on my feet for a good 4-5 hours. Do you know how hard it is to find a pair of shoes that look nice for a classy event, are comfortable, and don't break the bank? I'm basically looking for a unicorn. Or, in Pop Culture terms, these elusive shoes are my Eleanor

One thing I know: I am not Carrie Bradshaw. High heeled shoes that resemble stilts and cost the same as a Porsche? Yeah, I can't do that.


source

This doesn't mean I have no shoes to wear. I do. The problem is that after a couple hours my feet are in a world of hurt. Not as much as some of the women attending this event in their cute/sexy/super high-heels, but still.

Maybe next year I'll wear a floor-length dress so no one will see my oh-so comfy flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment