Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My battle scar

We had pizza a few days ago. It wasn't delivery, it was DiGiorno.  Not that it matters or that it's relative to this post.  Anyway, while getting one of the pies out of the oven my arm accidentally touched one of the racks and I got this burn. Incidentally I was wearing oven mitts. Maybe I need to invest in arm-length oven mitts to prevent this from happening in the future. They could be like those long, silky ones that women wore long ago when they went out for the evening. Do such things even exist? I'll have to look into it.

So even though I immediately put some ice on the burn it still got all icky. Billy put some neosporin and gauze on it because he felt bad for me. It really hurt for a while. Then he said I would probably have a scar from it. I said, Cool! Chicks dig scars. Oh wait, I am a chick. Then my son shook his head at me while saying, No Mom, no.

Here's what it looks like now:


Scar from battling a distant relative of Smaug.


It was a lot worse, all burnt up skin and bubbling but I didn't want people getting all blech and possibly puking so I waited to post a picture. I'm always thinking of you guys.

When people see the burn mark and ask me what happened I tell them I was in an epic battle with a dragon and I got this burn. I told Billy this version and he said, Must have been a small dragon. He's so hilarious. My mom on the other hand just rolled her eyes at my explanation. I swear sometimes it's like she just met me.

4 comments:

  1. You know I was looking to see if full body oven mitts were a thing that existed and apparently there are 'oven mitt baby clothes' => https://www.google.be/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=YPSKVdKyJ-yH8QfW5oCwDQ&gws_rd=ssl#q=oven+mitt+body+suit (5th search result).
    Luckily they are just like T-shirts and stuff with oven mitts on them, but my mind was going weird places there for a second...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute! But I can see where your mind was heading. :)

      Delete
  2. I do that to myself ALL THE TIME. In fact, I burned myself on the top part of my oven just yesterday. I also have a pretty gnarly scar on my right knee from attempting to skim board in Florida this spring. Hey, it makes for a good story, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A skim board scar? Now that's cool! And I'm sure the story is awesome!!

      Delete