Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A bike, a skateboard and a scooter

Earlier this evening as I was out with Little Man, I saw three boys. One was riding a bike, one was riding a scooter and the other was on his skateboard. And immediately I thought of a joke intro.

You know those funny and inappropriate jokes that start off, A rabbi, a priest and a plumber, or A redhead, a brunette and a blond? Yes, those. Make me laugh every darn time.

Anyway, I have no idea why my mind went there. Luck? A gift from the heavens? Result of that horrible fall down a flight of stairs when I was a toddler? Your guess is as good as mine. And the weird thing is they weren't doing anything out of the ordinary. Just going about their young boy lives.

However, the boy on the bike will get to their destination quicker because he just has to pedal while the other two have to lag behind on their skateboard and scooter (which is like a skateboard except with handles). Then again the two bike-less boys can hang behind at their own pace and talk about their pedal-pushing pal behind his back and laugh at him when he inadvertently gets the loopy part of the shoelace from his sneaker caught on a pedal and falls.

And, a joke is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment