Saturday, May 26, 2012

I don't control the weather, but I wish I did

It's been windy here for the past 3 days. Thursday to Friday it was scary windy. Not quite drop-a-house-on-you windy but still windy enough to push around patio furniture. I hate it. I'd rather have a good ol' thunderstorm. Claps of thunder and lightning bolts don't bother me. Watching to see if a tree will snap in half and come crashing down on the house...scary.

Every time it's windy here I feel responsible. Why? Because it was my idea to move out here and then my parents followed and my dad's best friend who we refer to as Uncle came soon after. So I feel like if the weather is less than stellar it's somehow my fault. I told Bill this and he said, "That's stupid. It's not like you can control the weather." I know, he's right. Although it would be cool.

I spoke with some of the resident lifers, those who have lived here all their lives. They said it never used to get so windy so often. I remember past vacations here and it was always warm and sunny which was a key selling point to us moving here. It's still warm and sunny 80% of the time. If only we could get rid of the stupid wind. Where is that dang Wind De-activator button?

No comments:

Post a Comment