Monday, May 14, 2012

Who's to say what's normal?

Yesterday for Mother's Day my guys took me out to dinner. Chris got the kid's menu with games and pictures to color, which just for the record is much more fun than the boring, plastic grown-up menus.

So we all placed our orders and looked to see what Little Man was busy drawing. There was lots of red and some blue. Then he explained his masterpiece.

Little Man: It's a murder scene and this is all blood. The guy got jumped by several ninjas and they cut his throat (mimics throat cutting) and his arms and legs and stabbed him (mimics stabbing and dying noises).

I looked at Bill and said, "It's scary that this is normal for us. I mean, most parents would be concerned." He replied, "Nah. He's fine." And then we started eating our food.

Reminds me of that scene in the Addam's Family movie where the teacher called  Morticia's attention to a drawing Wednesday did of an aunt who was burned for being a witch.

Sadly, I'm not able to post a picture of the drawing. It didn't fare so well during dinner.






No comments:

Post a Comment