Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Of movies and videos

My heart goes out to the victims of the Colorado movie theater shooting. It was a senseless act of violence. However, major props to Christian Bale (Batman) for visiting the injured in the hospital. Way cool, dude. Way cool.

That said, we took the Little Man to see "The Dark Knight Rises" on Monday. The movie was great. However, I gotta say I felt a little...uneasy sitting in the theater waiting for the movie to start.

But then I looked around at other people eating popcorn, chatting amongst themselves and it was business as usual. So I settled in with my guys and relaxed. We had a great time. And there are more good times to be had at movies in the future. I refuse to bow down to fear and stop enjoying myself.  I only hope that the survivors of the shooting do the same and are able to return to the movies for fun and escape.


In other not-so-entirely-unrelated news, we went to the Library on Tuesday and returned home with a couple books and some DVDs.

Bill went to put in one of the dvds and it was still in 'locked' position. Of course it was the one I was holding with my books. It was scanned to be borrowed, I just forgot to give it to them to unlock. Hey, I can't think of everything.

At this point it was too late to go back to the library, so we spent about half an hour trying to use house magnets to unlock the damn mechanism. No dice.

Thanks a lot stupid refrigerator magnets. You just stand there holding business cards until you're needed. So now, one of us has to go back to the library and unlock it so we can watch the darn thing.

Hi, yeah, um I need to unlock this dvd. We kinda sorta accidentally left without putting it through the big magnetic unlocking device. Okay, thank you. Sheepishly walks out all red-faced while library staff point and laugh.



I'll never be able to go there again unless I'm wearing a fake glasses and mustache disguise and overcoat and even then I'll probably be mistaken for a pervert. Or Groucho Marx.

See you in the funny papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment