Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Here's what's happening

Hello Blog World!

I apologize in advance that this post will be a mash up of different things and not just focused on one topic. Consider it a bit like a convo with an old friend where you catch up on what's happening in one another's lives.

So today is April 1st, April Fool's Day or actually it was because now it's about 9:30 pm and many (a few?) of you will be reading this on April 2. I really didn't think this one through or else I'd have written and posted this in a more timely fashion. Okay, so April Fool's Day. A day for pranks and laughs but it means a bit more to me because 20 years ago today Bill asked me to marry him. I know, talk about timing. This says a lot about our relationship. Of course when I mentioned this to him he looked at me with that vacant I-have-no-idea-but-I'll-take-your-word-for-it look. What can I say? I may not remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, or if I even ate breakfast but I can remember certain dates with startling accuracy.

In other news I'm sad to say that my anxiety and panic attacks have resurfaced with a vengeance. I'm so upset by this. A year and a half ago I was forced to go off my meds because of insurance issues and for that year and a half I was fine. I felt clearer and a tad more emotional but best of all I had no attacks. I thought I finally had this thing beaten. What crap. About a couple of months ago I started experiencing those bad feelings. Then this past Saturday night I was out and a full blown panic attack came on. It really sucked. I saw my doctor and I'll be starting meds this week. This in itself makes me anxious what with the waiting to see what side effects there are and how my body reacts. Blech.


Okay let's talk about some fun stuff. Today in Pop Culture history:

1963 - ABC premiered General Hospital. I was a big fan of this show back in the 80's and early 90's when John Stamos and Rick Springfield were on.

1979 - Nickelodeon was launched. I remember watching You Can't Do That On Television. Today my son watches Spongebob.

Wow, a lot has changed. And yet, much has stayed the same. So what's been going on with you?


No comments:

Post a Comment