Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So that's how it works? I was totally using it wrong.

The other night I got up to go to the bathroom. Bill (the husband) turned and asked me, "Where are you going?" I told him. And then he asked, "Why are you taking your cell phone?" I looked at him and replied, "Because it's my flashlight." Then he turned over and went back to sleep.

What? Oh come now, I know I'm not the first person to use their cell phone as a flashlight to see in the dark. In fact, I use other things in ways not intended. I'm sure you do, too. Take for instance, a butter knife. It makes a handy screwdriver. Especially if something comes loose in the kitchen. See the convenience there?

I use Bill's pillow to prop my laptop on if I'm on my bed. This annoys him, mostly when he needs his pillow to go to sleep. He went out and bought me a laptop stand just for this reason. I use it to stack all my I'll-deal-with-it-later mail. At least it's being used!

Apparently this misuse of things runs in the family. My mom's letter opener broke. She now uses a paring knife to open her mail. I asked her why she didn't just go out and buy a new letter opener. Her answer: "Why? This knife works just as well." I get where you're comin' from, Mom.


2 comments:

  1. I use my cell as a flashlight too! And an alarm clock. So my path is usually go upstairs to bedroom with cell in hand, turn off light, use cell to light path to bed so I don't kill myself on the legos. Sounds like a good idea to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? Watch out for the legos! Those little mofo's hurt like hell!!!!

    ReplyDelete