Friday, February 28, 2014

Fearless Friday

I've been thinking of doing a weekly theme. Ya know, something like that Facebook wackiness called, "Throwback Thursday" or the less inspirational but no less delicious, "Taco Tuesday".  The obvious answer inside my head was, "Are you insane?" This requires commitment. And forethought. So naturally, I'm going to forge ahead with Fearless Friday. Considering my blog's name it makes sense, right?

Every Friday, (or more reasonably in my case, whatever Fridays I  remember to do this) I'll post something with regards to being fearless. It might be an inspirational quote or message. It might be me sharing something new I tried. I might even write about someone I came across who did something fearless.


source

For my inaugural Fearless Friday post I'll share something fearless I recently did: I submitted a couple blog posts to Blogher's Voices of the Year (VOTY). I'm trying to put myself and my writing out there a lot more. This is a big thing for me. I'm very critical of my work. No, seriously, I am. The fact that people even show up here to read what I have to say astounds me. I've also been pitching companies to offer my copy-writing services. And now there's Fearless Fridays.

Tame? Maybe. But no less fearless for someone with anxiety to offer themselves up to possible rejection and criticism. Perhaps I'm not fearless but crazy instead. Maybe I should re-name this effort Crazy Friday?

I welcome you to share your fearlessness. Let's be brave together. And pizza for all!

4 comments:

  1. I love the quote, can't wait for the fearless posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, can't wait to see your fearless posts!

    Found your blog on the blog hop, now following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I just hope I can be consistent.

      Delete