Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Up on your feet, somewhere there's music playing

Hey! How's Trix? Tricks?
I love asking that in lieu of "How are you?" even though it's a confusing question with a truckload of answers. Trix, as in the cereal? Good I guess, even though I had a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles this morning. Trix, as in Trixie, Alice Kramden's friend/neighbor on The Honeymooners? She's fine. She and Norton will be over for dinner. Tricks as in turning tricks? Whoa. See what I mean?

I haven't been blogging as much as I should be and not for lack of topics either. I have dozens scribbled away in a notebook and in my brain. Yesterday I stared at the screen for longer than seemed necessary and the words wouldn't come. Oh sure I could have slapped something together but that wouldn't be fair to anyone who comes here looking to be amused.

I've also been in a bit of a funk. Life hasn't been a bowl of cherries (or Trix) lately. It's time to get back to fun. So I have decided to include more Pop Culture references, particularly past faves from when I was younger. You will still get some serious posts and some goofy posts but also the fluff of entertainment thrown in. I promise no celebrity gossip; just lots of nostalgia and a few trips down memory lane.

Now, to start things off and tie this whole post together, I give you "One Day At A Time". Some of you (older) folks might remember this show about a single mom raising two teen-age girls and starring a very young Valerie Bertinelli. I used to watch it and hearing the theme song again made me smile and lifted my spirits. Okay, I sang along, too. I dare you not to; it's very catchy. The lyrics also helped me remember a few things.

This is life, the one you get so go and have a ball.


No comments:

Post a Comment