Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Eve eve

Twas the night before the night before Christmas when all through my house, everyone was stirring because well, it's only Dec. 23rd and also way too early for bed.

Thankfully all my shopping and wrapping is done. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I spent more time at Target and Walmart this season than any person is meant to because I was always forgetting something or other. But that's all done now.

So tonight I'm relaxing with some hot beverage, maybe tea or cocoa, and watching The Santa Clause and whatever other Christmas movie is on.


source



Speaking of, it's been 20 years since The Santa Clause came out in theaters. Back then Bill and I were just dating. I remember we spent a nice day together first Christmas shopping at one of the jersey malls before going to see the movie and then ending with a nice dinner. He takes my word for this because of course his memory is shaky at best.

If you're still out and about doing last minute shopping, you have my sympathies and understanding. In years past I've spent many of the last few days and hours before Christmas in crowded stores frantically trying to get that final gift, or two, or five.

If you're still up to your ears in wrapping paper, remember gift bags are your friend.

And if you're all done then woo hoo! Curl up in your jammies and have a hot (or cold) one with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment