Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Spreading a little holiday kindness

Everyone knows the song, "The 12 Days of Christmas", right? Well, this year I started my own variation on this popular holiday song. Instead of calling birds and partridges in pear trees I have been recognizing 12 friends on facebook with a private message telling them I appreciate them. Some have overcome great loss and tragedy this year. One is a former serviceman and another is a devoted mom. Each one is special in his/her own way and my recognition focuses on that.

I began doing this on Saturday, December 13 so my 12 days lead right up to Christmas. 

So far, this has been well-received and I've gotten surprised messages back thanking me for my kindness. But I'm not doing this for accolades. I'm doing this because the world is filled with horrors and sadness and because at this time of year, we could all benefit from a little kindness.






Please feel free to take this idea and use it to spread some holiday cheer and kindness to your own friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment