Sunday, August 17, 2014

Musical milestones

This weekend marks a few music milestones. Being a music and Pop Culture lover I thought I would give them a mention.  For one, it's the anniversary of Elvis' death, which, as a fan of The King, I do recognize every August 16th. Maybe that makes me a geek but I'm a cool geek 'cause Elvis, The King of Rock 'n Roll!

At one point Saturday night I was flipping thru the channels and I came upon a PBS broadcast of Elvis' "Aloha from Hawaii" concert. So I called my mom to let her know and when she answered I could hear Elvis singing in the background. She was watching the same show. Yeah, sometimes we share that single moment of cool.



Also, it's the anniversary of Woodstock, a music festival I would have paid good money to attend had I been old enough to actually go. Sure there was mud and parking was a nightmare but can you imagine seeing the iconic legends who performed there? Whoa.

Anyway, after the sad and serious of this past week I thought I would post about some good times, even if I didn't personally take part in them. Peace and love to all. And good music!



source

No comments:

Post a Comment