Sunday, November 23, 2014

A quick dessert idea for Thanksgiving

I'm not a foodie blogger and I don't pretend to be one. In fact any food-related posts usually just reference my love for cookies. And brownies. But since we're heading into Thanksgiving week and everywhere I turn there's a food recipe or commercial, I thought I would make an exception. I've made this several times and everyone loves it (especially me when I lick the spoons during clean up).


Layered Pudding In A Cup

If you're hosting turkey dinner this year and have a need for a quick dessert (as if you don't have enough to do), or, if you want to be nice and bring dessert then this is a delicious and easy-to-make dish. It doesn't require a lot of ingredients (you're welcome) or a lot of prep time and best of all, you can make it in advance.

Amounts vary based on how many people are in your party. Here are the  how's and what's of my dessert:

1 box of vanilla pudding (I used Jello for both)
1 box of chocolate pudding
Reddi Wip whipped cream in a can
2 mixing bowls
A clear glass or mug (I used a small coffee mug for mine)

Mix each pudding in a separate bowl.

Place vanilla pudding as first layer.
Then add the chocolate pudding.
Spray a little whipped cream layer.
Add more vanilla pudding.
Add more chocolate pudding.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled or until serving time.
Feel free to make an extra one for yourself for sampling purposes.

Top with whipped cream before serving.

You can also add chocolate sprinkles or a cherry to the top.

Of course, you can use whatever pudding flavors you and your guests like. I went with basic flavors because I'm plain like that and it was just simpler that way.

Sadly, I don't have a pic to post. Here's what my dessert would have looked like in a glass and with one less vanilla layer.


source

Enjoy! And let me know how it turns out. Except if it's bad, then let's keep it between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment