Monday, November 3, 2014

I probably should have skipped this writing prompt and written about anything else

The first writing prompt for this month's NaBloPoMo is: Write about an amazing imaginary brand or organization you'd love to work with. I was going to skip this and write about something else because I'm not creative enough to think of an imaginary brand/organization. Then it hit me. Not so much hit me like a bus but more like the splat you get when a bird poops on you.

I speak in movie quotes so this seemed like a great idea. I would like to work with an organization dedicated to archiving random quotes from movies and television because let's face it there's a quote for just about every situation in life. We could have a phone number and  live people on hand to research the perfect quote or, a mobile app for instant access to our library database. This could seriously help benefit those with weak comeback responses.


Does something like this exist? It probably does. Which means I'm already screwing up NaBloPoMo. And the month just started!

In all seriousness, if I could work for any imaginary brand I'd like to work for Santa Claus. I could even learn to love all the cold and snow because of the great perks, like an endless supply of cookies from Mrs. C. Yes, I do love Christmas and all that it brings so working at the North Pole would be so much fun. Besides, everyone's always so jolly and happy, it would be better and cheaper than anti-depressants. Now, I'm not talking as an elf making the toys but I wouldn't mind being a journalist on the North Pole Gazette or contributing to their website.

And now that I've added to the full on rush of Christmas by mentioning it this early in November and also possibly traumatized any children reading this, I'm going to end right here and hope that my month and my posts get better. Maybe I should have asked the Great Pumpkin to bring me a list of acceptable topics to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment