Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I'm not done with my Christmas shopping, in fact I haven't even started

Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet? No? Okay, good. Now I don't feel so bad. I do, however, have a list appropriately titled, "Ideas of What to Get People". This list will get updated, changed, crumpled up and smoothed out several times before the last gift is purchased. But it's a start!

I have this friend who just posted that she is nearly done with all her shopping. I could just reach through my computer and smack her with a turkey leg. But I think we all have that one friend. You know the one. She's super organized and always just so ready for the holidays. If I have all my gifts bought and wrapped by Christmas Eve I call it a win.

And whoever came up with the gift bag idea is a genius in my book. Take your present, add some tissue paper (or, if you're in a pinch - tissues, not used of course) and toss it in a bag and you're done. Simple.

Have I mentioned that my wrapping is sub-par? I'm known for using too much tape and having too little paper. It's not entirely my fault that when I put the item down it moves as I'm cutting the wrapping paper. But I have perfected the art of cobbling together scraps of paper for those times I do come up short on one end.

This looks like something I wrapped.


I bring all this up because yesterday while I was at the store I noticed something that would be cool for the husband. Did I buy it? No. Because I prefer adding the undue stress to my life of running around like a crazy person looking for a gift that I saw weeks ago but didn't buy. I'm not even sure it was on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment