Friday, October 11, 2013

The easiest pumpkin pie recipe. Ever.

Let me start this post by declaring that I have never had a pumpkin spice latte. Shocking, right? Well, what can I say, I live under a rock. No, seriously, it just never came up. Now with all the yahooing about this drink I feel like I should at least give it a go. That is, whenever I get the motivation to put on socks (because of cooler temps) and shoes. And pants.

Anyway, today's NaBloPoMo prompt is: Pumpkin or apple pie at Thanksgiving (or choose any fall holiday)? Do you have a family recipe? I have to go with pumpkin or pie on this one. With whipped cream on top. Oddly enough I'm the only one in my family who likes it, which is saying something right there. Thankfully I married someone who also likes eating pumpkin pie so I'm not the only one eating slice after slice, day after day until it's all gone, turning an orangey shade with each bite.

As for a family recipe that's very easy and I'll be happy to share it with you. For this recipe you will need: keys, car, money.

1. Grab keys
2. Get in car and drive to store.
3. Buy pie and bring home.

Total time: 15 minutes


With the exception of pumpkin seeds, which I don't eat a lot of because they're a bit salty, I don't much eat any other pumpkin foods. I'm not creative enough in the kitchen to whip up something like pumpkin soup or bake a pumpkin roll. This doesn't mean I can't cook. I have hosted Thanksgiving dinners in the past and even though it sounded like I was dismantling the house what with the pots and pans being banged around, I must say it turned out pretty darn good. But even then, the pumpkin pie was store bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment