Because Halloween is largely about candy I have decided to name my 5 most favorite candies to
5. Milky Way- Chocolate and caramel...nothing else need be said. I prefer the small, bite-sized ones that you can just pop in your mouth. Because eating five of them at one sitting equals one normal size bar and is therefore justified.
4. Nerds- So much crunchy goodness. Chris and I love the strawberry/grape flavored combos. We prefer strawberry so he "shares" them 20/80 with me getting short-changed or having to eat more of the grape flavored but sometimes I relinquish the little box and trade up to a Twix bar so he thinks he's getting a better deal.
3. Twix- More chocolate and caramel but on a thin cookie. This is a house favorite so there's usually a lot of
2. Kit Kat - Chocolate on a crispy wafer. Yes, please. This is another house favorite and considered the Holy Grail (or premium cocaine, if that's your religion of choice) of Halloween chocolate in our family.
1. M and M's - Plain, peanut or pretzel, I love them all. I usually defer the plain ones to Chris and "offer" to eat the peanut ones because he doesn't like them. I'm a good mom like that.
When it comes to buying candy to hand out I try to get what we don't like too much, otherwise we'd have nothing on Halloween. Of course I do buy 1 or 2 bags of our faves to "test for freshness" in between trick-or-treaters.