Thursday, October 3, 2013

Top 5 best Halloween candies

I'm not a big candy eater. I might get a hankering for something every now and then but that's all. Also, I'm picky about my sweets. For example, lollipops. I prefer Blow Pops over Tootsie Pops and I like Dum Dums but only certain flavors.

Because Halloween is largely about candy I have decided to name my 5 most favorite candies to sneak, partake of from Christopher's loot. (And yes, he can eat candy despite his diabetes. I just have to monitor how much and dose him with insulin accordingly.) So here is my list of Halloween candy that I secretly get excited for when I see someone drop them into my kid's trick-or-treat bag:

5.  Milky Way- Chocolate and caramel...nothing else need be said. I prefer the small, bite-sized ones that you can just pop in your mouth. Because eating five of them at one sitting equals one normal size bar and is therefore justified.

4. Nerds- So much crunchy goodness. Chris and I love the strawberry/grape flavored combos. We prefer strawberry so he "shares" them 20/80 with me getting short-changed or having to eat more of the grape flavored but sometimes I relinquish the little box and trade up to a Twix bar so he thinks he's getting a better deal.

3. Twix-  More chocolate and caramel but on a thin cookie. This is a house favorite so there's usually a lot of bribing trading going on. (See #5 regarding justification for eating more than one in a sitting.)

2. Kit Kat - Chocolate on a crispy wafer. Yes, please. This is another house favorite and considered the Holy Grail (or premium cocaine, if that's your religion of choice) of Halloween chocolate in our family. 

1. M and M's - Plain, peanut or pretzel, I love them all. I usually defer the plain ones to Chris and "offer" to eat the peanut ones because he doesn't like them. I'm a good mom like that.

When it comes to buying candy to hand out I try to get what we don't like too much, otherwise we'd have nothing on Halloween. Of course I do buy 1 or 2 bags of our faves to "test for freshness" in between trick-or-treaters.



2 comments:

  1. I just posted about candy too :)

    As for your list, it's just about perfect, except I'd sub in a Reese's Cup for the Nerds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this comment. (sorry I'm a bit slow) I have to be in the mood for Reese's but they are nommy!

      Delete